The Red Carpet Green Dress Contest is open to anyone who would like to enter, the only criteria is that you must be at least 18 years of age to enter the Contest or win the Grand Prize.
What are the prizes for this contest?
There will only be one Grand Prize awarded to the winner of the Contest.
This year’s student competition element to the campaign will be held on the Red Carpet Green Dress website in collaboration with Vivienne Westwood’s London based fashion house. Vivienne Westwood’s Head of Couture, Brigitte Stepputtis, will be choosing one winner from the worldwide contest. Entrants are asked to submit their resume, sketches from their portfolio and to answer a brief question from Vivienne Westwood on the Red Carpet Green Dress website. All applicants must submit a $50.00 entrance fee, all of which will go directly to the MUSE School CA, the nonprofit Amis Cameron cofounded with her sister, Rebecca Amis.
Along with this internship of a lifetime, the winner will receive five one hour Skype mentorship sessions with the author of Fashion Designer’s Resource Book, designer, and Red Carpet Green Dress Campaign director Samata Pattinson, as well as a face to face meeting with Red Carpet Green Dress founder, Suzy Amis Cameron.
The Grand Prize winner will:
- Be accomodated in London for the duration of their stay
- Meet eco-activist, Red Carpet Green Dress founder and MUSE School co-founder Suzy Amis Cameron
- Receive the opportunity to intern at eco-activist and influencer Suzy Amis Cameron’s brand when it launches
- Receive an intense 5 day mentorship course with Fashion Designer’s Resource Book author, award-winning designer and Red Carpet Green Dress Campaign director Samata worth $10,000
- All expenses covered, including food and transport
Entry fee is $50, all funds raised go to MUSE School CA.
Note: All other costs, expenses and arrangements required to accept or receive the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to, any other trHow much does it cost to enter the contest?
The cost to enter the Contest is Fifty United States dollars (USD$50), per entry with up to 5 designs entered per entry.
How many dresses can I enter into the contest?
You can enter as many times as you like. However, with the entry form, you can upload one (1) design per entry with up to five (5) sketches of the SAME design. To submit further designs, you must submit a new entry form with payment for the new form.
How do I submit my entry?
Submit your entry to us, with any sketches/drawings/notes as a JPEG or PNG file. The file size must not exceed 800MB (MB)
What if my design exceeds the size limit?
To decrease the size of your entry, please zip your submission. If your file still exceeds the size limit, please send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your contact information.
I get to the upload page and get a spinning upload icon, what do I do?
There is a known issue with the Opera Browser and Macintosh OSX that causes the page to act as if it has not uploaded your file, when in actuality, it has. Click on the “Can’t find your answer here?” link, below, and ask us to confirm your submission. Customer service will check it out and let you know.
How will I know if you have received my entry?
You will receive an automatic confirmation response to the email address from which you submitted your eligible entry to the Contest.
How many winners will there be?
There will be one winner of the “Grand Prize”.
What are the deadlines for submitting entries?
The Contest will begin on Saturday 27th February 2016 and all entries MUST be received by that date in order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
When will the winner be announced?
The winner will be alerted by April.
What happens to the essay submitted for the contest?
All entries and all drawings, sketches, notes and any other materials submitted therewith become the sole and exclusive property of MUSE School CA and will not be returned.
From Saturday 27th February 2016. Enter here.
About Vivienne Westwood
The winner will receive an internship with Vivienne Westwood. Vivienne Westwood began designing in 1971, and by the end of the 1970s, she was already considered a symbol of the British avantgarde. For Autumn/Winter 1981, Westwood showed her first catwalk presentation in London. In 1986, a radical change of direction moved Westwood away from street style and youth culture as she adopted more traditional Savile Row tailoring techniques. Since then, Westwood has received numerous accolades, continues to show in Paris, Milan and London, and is one of the most influential fashion designers in the world today. She uses the medium of her shows to talk about culture and politics, more specifically about the urgent need to act against climate change.
Why is there a fee?
Well, it is for a very good reason. The proceeds will go towards MUSE CA and MUSE Global, non-profit schools which help educate children around the world. [/ut_tab] [/ut_tabgroup]
Can’t find your answer here? Contact us[/ut_tab]
1. Eligibility: To be eligible to participate, you must be an individual eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter: This Contest may only be entered by the Internet during the Contest period (from Saturday 27th February 2016). To enter the contest, click on the “Enter” page . You must affirmatively check the box agreeing to these Official Rules. Then, follow the instructions to upload your design(s), register and pay.
An individual entrant may submit more than one entry to the Contest and there is a limit of 5 entries to each individual entrant submitting. An entry fee of Thirty United States Dollars (US$50.00) will be required for each eligible entry (the “Entry Fee”). You must register by entering your true and correct information on the registration page, completing all required fields and paying the Entry Fee. The registration form must be filled out completely and the Entry Fee must be paid in full for each entry to the Contest.
Eligible designs will consist of a maximum of 5 sketches or drawings. To submit your design, you may upload a single file, no larger than 800 Kilobytes, per upload section in the registration form. Acceptable file formats are JPEG or PNG.
You will then receive an automatic confirmation and email verification, to the email address you submitted, that your eligible contest entry has been received.
The Entry Fee will be payable through the Website at the time of entry using Paypal or a valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. An eligible entry to the Contest shall consist of a single original design for a dress or gown to be made out of natural, organic or sustainable materials (as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion), a copy of which must be emailed to the Sponsor as set forth above with a maximum of five (5) sketches or drawings attached in JPEG or PNG format.
For each eligible entry, the entrant must submit the following through the Contest Website: Only a complete entry submitted by email after registration on the Website with full payment of the Entry Fee will be eligible for participation in the Contest and consideration.
All entries, including but not limited to, all rights in and to all dress or gown design(s) submitted with each entry, will become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and its licensees and assignees.
3. Winner Selection and Notification: One (1) Contest winner (the “Winner”) will be selected from among eligible entries and will be notified within 48 hours of determination of the Winner.
Vivienne Westwood’s Head of Couture, Brigitte Stepputtis, will be choosing one winner from the worldwide contest and they will determine the Winner of the Contest in their sole and absolute discretion. The Judges’ decision regarding selection of the Winner of the Contest will be final and binding.
4. Prize Restrictions: The Prizes and all elements thereof are non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, whether in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, if the Prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded as described herein for any reason. The Winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, including income taxes, if any, imposed as a result of or in connection with winning or awarding of the Prize. If required, the Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Sponsor for the approximate retail value of the Prize.
Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to Sponsor and its designees to use the Winner’s name, address (city, state and country), photograph, image, likeness, biographical information and statements in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, except where such use is prohibited, without additional compensation.
5. Additional Terms: By participating, entrants agree (a) to abide by these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and the Judges regarding eligibility, selection of the Winner, determination of the Prize or any alternate prizes or elements of the Prize, and any other elements of this Contest, which shall be made by Sponsor and the Judges, which decisions will be final and binding; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Sponsor, the Judges, its and her heirs, representatives, owners, subsidiaries or affiliates, as well as all of their respective directors, officers, owners, members, partners, employees and agents (“Released Parties”) from all liability, claims, damages and causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of any losses or injuries to the person, including death, or property, or both, of entrants which may result, be sustained, or be received by entrants, as a result of either (i) entrants’ participation in this Contest, or (ii) the receipt, use or misuse of the Prize. Sponsor reserve the right to amend or terminate this Contest and refund any and all Entry Fees received if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
The Released Parties shall not be liable to the Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize, or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
By participating, entrants further agree that all entries, including, but not limited to, all designs, drawings, sketches, notes and any other materials submitted, and any and all rights therein and thereto, including, but not limited to, any and all copyrights therein and thereto, will immediately upon receipt thereof become and thereafter be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor, will not be returned to entrants, and may be used by Sponsor in any manner determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion for any and all purposes.
6. Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any participant at any time, from participation in any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award the Prize, or any part thereof, if participant, in Sponsor’s sole discretion and determination, engages in any conduct Sponsor or its Website administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of this Contest, or detrimental to other participants or entrants of this Contest.
Such improper conduct includes, but is not limited to, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, participating through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information or account for the purpose of participation, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest, or engaging in behavior at any point that is disruptive, unlawful, or may or does endanger, or cause damage or injury to, person(s), property or the reputation of Sponsor, the Judges, and its and her heirs, representatives, owners, subsidiaries or affiliates, or otherwise violates the policies of Sponsor, or does not follow the directions of Sponsor or these Official Rules.
Entrants agree that Sponsor may void any part of the Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize, or its value, that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize, or any part thereof, and/or return of the Prize, or any part thereof, shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
7. Limitations Of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, separated, or non-delivered registrations, entries, or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, telephone or other connections, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration, any entries, email or other information or the failure to capture, store, or loss of, any such or similar information.
Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like participation methods will void all such registrations, entries and any other participation information generated or submitted by such methods, and disqualify any participant using any such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading or printing materials of any kind from the Website. Should any portion of the Contest, in Sponsor’ sole opinion, be compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct, or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and/or continue it in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users of the Website, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of the Website.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address (as solely determined by Sponsor) used at the actual time of registration and participation in the Contest will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the participant will be deemed ineligible. If by reason of a printing, computer, production or other error, more than one Prize is claimed, the advertised Prize will be awarded to only one Winner to be chosen at the sole discretion of the Judges. No more than one (1) Prize will be awarded.
In no event will released parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the website or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. Privacy: Information collected from entrants is used only for the purpose of the Contest and to notify the Winner, and will not be re used, sold or shared in any manner by Sponsor or any third parties unless entrant has opted-in to receive additional information and promotional material from Sponsor or a third party.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor, the Judges, or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.