1. Eligibility: To be eligible to participate, you must be an individual eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees and immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of MUSE School CA (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates, or any of their directors, officers, owners, members, partners, employees and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, web masters/suppliers, and those residing in the households of such individuals, are ineligible.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: MUSE School CA, 1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road, Calabasas, CA 91302.
3. How to Enter: This Contest may only be entered by the Internet during the Contest period (from Friday October 11th, 2013 through Friday November 29th, 2013). To enter the contest, click on the “Enter” page . You must affirmatively check the box agreeing to these Official Rules. Then, follow the instructions to upload your design(s), register and pay.
An individual entrant may submit more than one entry to the Contest and there is a limit of 5 entries to each individual entrant submitting. An entry fee of Fifty United States Dollars (US$50.00) will be required for each eligible entry (the “Entry Fee”). You must register by entering your true and correct information on the registration page, completing all required fields and paying the Entry Fee. The registration form must be filled out completely and the Entry Fee must be paid in full for each entry to the Contest.
Eligible designs will consist of a maximum of 5 sketches or drawings. To submit your design, you may upload a single file, no larger than 800 Kilobytes, per upload section in the registration form. Acceptable file formats are JPEG or PNG.
You will then receive an automatic confirmation and email verification, to the email address you submitted, that your eligible contest entry has been received.
All Entry Fees received by Sponsor from entrants in the Contest will become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor immediately upon receipt thereof and may be used by Sponsor in any manner determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, including, but not limited to, operation of the MUSE Elementary (for information regarding the school, to www.museschool.org) and support of its facilities and programs.
The Entry Fee will be payable through the Website at the time of entry using Paypal or a valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. An eligible entry to the Contest shall consist of a single original design for a dress or gown to be made out of natural, organic or sustainable materials (as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion), a copy of which must be emailed to the Sponsor as set forth above with a maximum of five (5) sketches or drawings attached in JPEG or PNG format.
For each eligible entry, the entrant must submit the following through the Contest Website: Only a complete entry submitted by email after registration on the Website with full payment of the Entry Fee will be eligible for participation in the Contest and consideration.
All entries, including but not limited to, all rights in and to all dress or gown design(s) submitted with each entry, will become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and its licensees and assignees.
4. Winner Selection and Notification: One (1) Contest winner (the “Winner”) will be selected from among eligible entries and will be notified within 48 hours of determination of the Winner.
Suzy Amis Cameron and a selected team will be the sole judges (the “Judges”) for the Contest and they will determine the Winner of the Contest in their sole and absolute discretion. The Judges’ decision regarding selection of the Winner of the Contest will be final and binding and all other decisions of the Sponsor and the Judges are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
Prior to being awarded any prize, the potential Winner will be required to show proof of age and complete, sign and return a prize affidavit, release and license agreement, copyright assignment in and to the original dress design and any and all drawings, sketches, notes or other materials submitted by the potential Winner and all rights therein and thereto, including, but not limited to, all copyrights therein and thereto, a publicity release form and any other documents required by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to claim the prize. If all required documents are not signed and delivered by the potential Winner prior to the time of awarding of the “Prize” (as hereinafter defined), it will result in a forfeiture of the Prize and the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected by Sponsor by a method determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
5. Prize Restrictions: The Prizes and all elements thereof are non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, whether in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, if the Prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded as described herein for any reason. The Winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, including income taxes, if any, imposed as a result of or in connection with winning or awarding of the Prize. If required, the Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Sponsor for the approximate retail value of the Prize.
Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to Sponsor and its designees to use the Winner’s name, address (city, state and country), photograph, image, likeness, biographical information and statements in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, except where such use is prohibited, without additional compensation.
6. Additional Terms: By participating, entrants agree (a) to abide by these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and the Judges regarding eligibility, selection of the Winner, determination of the Prize or any alternate prizes or elements of the Prize, and any other elements of this Contest, which shall be made by Sponsor and the Judges, which decisions will be final and binding; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Sponsor, the Judges, its and her heirs, representatives, owners, subsidiaries or affiliates, as well as all of their respective directors, officers, owners, members, partners, employees and agents (“Released Parties”) from all liability, claims, damages and causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of any losses or injuries to the person, including death, or property, or both, of entrants which may result, be sustained, or be received by entrants, as a result of either (i) entrants’ participation in this Contest, or (ii) the receipt, use or misuse of the Prize. Sponsor reserve the right to amend or terminate this Contest and refund any and all Entry Fees received if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
The Released Parties shall not be liable to the Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize, or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
By participating, entrants further agree that all entries, including, but not limited to, all designs, drawings, sketches, notes and any other materials submitted, and any and all rights therein and thereto, including, but not limited to, any and all copyrights therein and thereto, will immediately upon receipt thereof become and thereafter be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor, will not be returned to entrants, and may be used by Sponsor in any manner determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion for any and all purposes.
7. Improper Conduct: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any participant at any time, from participation in any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award the Prize, or any part thereof, if participant, in Sponsor’s sole discretion and determination, engages in any conduct Sponsor or its Website administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of this Contest, or detrimental to other participants or entrants of this Contest.
Such improper conduct includes, but is not limited to, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, participating through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information or account for the purpose of participation, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest, or engaging in behavior at any point that is disruptive, unlawful, or may or does endanger, or cause damage or injury to, person(s), property or the reputation of Sponsor, the Judges, and its and her heirs, representatives, owners, subsidiaries or affiliates, or otherwise violates the policies of Sponsor, or does not follow the directions of Sponsor or these Official Rules.
Entrants agree that Sponsor may void any part of the Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize, or its value, that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize, or any part thereof, and/or return of the Prize, or any part thereof, shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
8. Limitations Of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, separated, or non-delivered registrations, entries, or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, telephone or other connections, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration, any entries, email or other information or the failure to capture, store, or loss of, any such or similar information.
Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like participation methods will void all such registrations, entries and any other participation information generated or submitted by such methods, and disqualify any participant using any such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading or printing materials of any kind from the Website. Should any portion of the Contest, in Sponsor’ sole opinion, be compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct, or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and/or continue it in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users of the Website, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of the Website.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address (as solely determined by Sponsor) used at the actual time of registration and participation in the Contest will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the participant will be deemed ineligible. If by reason of a printing, computer, production or other error, more than one Prize is claimed, the advertised Prize will be awarded to only one Winner to be chosen at the sole discretion of the Judges. No more than one (1) Prize will be awarded.
In no event will released parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the website or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
9. Privacy: Information collected from entrants is used only for the purpose of the Contest and to notify the Winner, and will not be re used, sold or shared in any manner by Sponsor or any third parties unless entrant has opted-in to receive additional information and promotional material from Sponsor or a third party.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor, the Judges, or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. Copy of Official Rules and Winner List Requests: For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Attn: Red Carpet Green Dress Contest Official Rules,
MUSE School CA,
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road,